Bong vs Bubbler
For individuals who do not smoke, the terms bong and bubbler may seem foreign. However, for those who do smoke, bongs and bubblers are devices that allow the smoking of herbs, tobacco, and cannabis through water pipes. While they may appear similar to the untrained eye, there are differences between the two devices and the smoking experience they provide. This article will explore the distinctions between bongs and bubblers.
- Bongs are water pipes that operate on the same principle as hookahs, with a larger size and internal water chamber.
- Bubblers are similar to bongs but are smaller in size, allowing for single-handed use and more frequent cleaning.
- Young smokers often prefer bubblers due to their compact size, which makes them easier to carry and conceal.
A bong is a bottle containing a small amount of water and a tube for heating herbs, tobacco, or other smoking products. The vapors produced by heating the product reach the water, and the smoker inhales from the opening at the top of the bottle. Bongs are not new inventions; they are similar to hookahs, which have been used in many Eastern countries since ancient times.
Although it may appear like plain smoking, the difference lies in the fact that the smoke reaches the smoker after passing through the water. Bongs are made of glass or plastic, and the smoking product is placed in a bowl and ignited, while the stem takes the vapors down to the base of the bottle where the water is located. The water acts as a filtration device in a bong, which has become very popular among young smokers in the West.
Today, there are many designs and shapes of bongs available on the market. The word “bong” is derived from the Thai word “baung,” which means a section of bamboo. The main parts of a bong include the mouthpiece, the chamber, the water chamber, the stem, and the bowl where tobacco is ignited to create vapors.
A bubbler is a smoking device that uses water to create bubbles and act as a filtration device. Essentially, a bubbler is a small bong that a smoker can hold in one hand and smoke easily. The smoke does pass through the water, which cools and cleans it. However, the size of a bubbler is so small that it does not resemble a bong. The appearance of a bubbler bowl is similar to that of a bubble, which is how it got its name. The stem in a bubbler reaches the base of the water chamber, and the smoker can actually see bubbles forming and coming out of the water, which is then inhaled.
What is the difference between Bong and Bubbler?
• Bongs are water pipes and operate on the same principle as hookahs, which have been used in many Eastern countries for centuries.
• Bubblers are similar to bongs, except they are much smaller in size and can be operated with a single hand by the smoker.
• The internal water chamber in a bubbler is very small and therefore requires frequent cleaning, unlike bongs, which are larger in size.
• Bubblers are typically less expensive than bongs.
• Young smokers often prefer bubblers because of their compact size, which makes them easier to carry and conceal.