1. Johnnie Walker is a popular brand in Scotch Whiskey with a long history and five different varieties.
2. The Johnnie Walker Black Label is a popular and authentic blend made from 40 different whiskies, while the Blue Label is a premium blend made from rare and expensive malts and grains.
3. The Blue Label is more matured and has a richer and smoother flavor profile, with a unique tasting experience that includes layers of flavors and a hint of sweetness.
Johnnie Walker is a popular brand of Scotch Whiskey that has been around for almost two centuries. It originated from Scotland in 1820 and is owned by Diageo. The brand offers five varieties: Red Label, Black Label, Green Label, Gold Label, and Blue Label. Each blend has its own unique flavor and mood creation.
The Johnnie Walker Black Label, with the trademark “Hidden Depths,” was introduced in 1870. It is a rich and smooth blend of about 40 of Scotland’s best whiskies, aged for 12 years. It can be enjoyed raw, with water, soda, or ginger ale, and is typically consumed as a long drink.
The Johnnie Walker Blue Label whiskey, with the trademark “Rare and Exclusive,” is the most recent addition to the brand. It is a premium blend of rare and expensive malts and superior grains, matured for a long period in Oak wood. The exact age of this blend is not given, but is expected to be older than the other blends.
The Blue Label is considered the epitome of blending and reflects the whiskies of the early 19th century. It is handcrafted in single barrel batches of 330 bottles and presented in individually numbered Baccarat crystal decanters. It is known for its exceptional quality, character, and flavor, with influences from the smoke of the west and the rich, sweet whiskies of the east.
When tasting the Blue Label, it is recommended to take a sip of iced water beforehand to refresh the palate. It offers multi layers of flavors, subtle aroma of smoke, touch of spice, and a hint of sweetness. The experience is slow, intense, rich, and deep.
Blue Label Vs Black Label
– Blue label is the premium blend of the Johnnie Walker Scotch Whiskey, while Black label is more affordable and considered a best deluxe blend for the money.
– Blue label is more matured than Black label and uses exceptionally rare malts and grains.
– Blue label offers multi layers of flavors, subtle aroma of smoke, and a hint of sweetness, while Black label is typically consumed as a long drink.
– Blue label is handcrafted and presented in individually numbered Baccarat crystal decanters.