Pistols and rifles are firearms that belong to different categories of handguns and long guns. They both use bullets as projectiles to hit the target. The development of pistols was more advanced compared to revolvers, as they could fire shots successively. On the other hand, rifles are long guns that can only fire one shot at a time. They have rifling inside the barrel, which helps stabilize the bullet and allows for accurate shooting over long distances.
What is the difference between Pistol and Rifle?
– Pistol is a handgun, while rifle is a long gun.
– The barrel of a pistol is small, limiting its accuracy over long distances. In contrast, the barrel of a rifle is long, allowing for accurate shooting over long distances.
– Pistol can be operated with one hand, while rifle requires both hands to handle and shoot.
– Rifle needs to be rested on the shoulder when aiming and shooting, while pistol can be fired without shoulder support.
– The barrel of a rifle has rifling, which helps the bullet spin and eject with force, ensuring accuracy.
– Pistols are commonly used for self-defense, while rifles are more suitable for longer distances.
– Pistols are lighter and easier to carry.
– The speed of a bullet coming out of a rifle is nearly double (3000 ft/sec) compared to a bullet coming out of a pistol.
– Pistols and rifles belong to different categories of firearms, with pistols being handguns and rifles being long guns.
– The barrel of a pistol is small and inaccurate over long distances, while the barrel of a rifle is long and accurate over long distances.
– A pistol can be operated with one hand, while a rifle requires both hands and must be rested on the shoulder for stability.