Skinny vs Slim Jeans
Skinny and slim may commonly describe thin individuals, but they are also terms used by jeans manufacturers to refer to two distinct fits of jeans that are popular today. These fits seem very similar, and it can be difficult to tell the difference between slim fit and skinny jeans when shopping. Some people believe that having two different names for tight-fitting jeans benefits jeans manufacturers, as they can sell more pairs. In this article, we will determine if there are any differences between slim fit and skinny jeans or if these terms are simply a marketing ploy.
- Skinny jeans are the tightest of all types of fits in jeans and are made from a stretchable material, while slim fit jeans are narrower but not skin-tight and not always made of stretchable material.
- Skinny jeans are mostly worn by very thin people, especially girls, while slim fit jeans are the preferred choice of people with average figures.
- Skinny jeans hug the legs and bottoms more than slim fit jeans, and are generally less comfortable due to their tightness around the knees and ankles.
Skinny jeans are the tightest of all types of fits in jeans. They are variously referred to as cigarette fit and drainpipe by different companies. These jeans are mostly made from a stretchable material that is a mix of cotton and lycra. They are extremely snug around the ankles, and one has to wear and take off these pants with some effort. Skinny jeans are mostly used by very thin people, especially girls, to accentuate their figure. These days, boys have also started to wear skinny jeans. The age group of people who mostly wear skinny jeans are teenage boys and girls, although some adults can also be seen sporting skinny jeans these days.
Skinny jeans are not something new, as they have come and gone out of style several times since the 1950s. Skinny jeans do not look good on thick people. In fact, to look great with skinny jeans, you need to have a figure that is slimmer than average. All jeans manufacturers today have skinny jeans in their arsenal, although they may have different names to refer to such jeans.
Slim fit jeans are hugely popular worldwide these days. As their name implies, they are a fit of jeans that is narrow from the bottoms all the way down to the ankles. However, they are not skin-tight like skinny jeans and are looser at the thighs and the knees. Also, slim fit is not always made of stretchable material, as it is not meant to hug the body as much as skinny jeans. Slim fit is the preferred choice for all people, men or women, who have an average figure and are not very thick or very thin. This fit provides a smart look for such people and also keeps them comfortable.
Skinny vs. Slim Jeans
- Skinny jeans are also narrow like slim fit jeans, but they hug the legs and bottoms much more than skinny jeans.
- Skinny jeans are worn much more by girls than men.
- Skinny jeans look great on very thin people.
- Skinny jeans are made of stretchable material.
- Slim fit is more comfortable than skinny, as it is straighter down the legs and does not cling to knees and ankles like skinny jeans.