Wig vs Weave
It’s common these days to enhance your appearance by changing your hairstyle and even hair texture using wigs or weaves. However, these two methods of enhancing your hairstyle are different from each other. This article discusses the differences between a wig and a weave.
- A wig is a hairpiece made of synthetic or real human hair, worn over the head to conceal baldness or thinning hair.
- A weave is the process of sewing or gluing hair extensions to your natural hair to add volume, length, and bounce.
- Wigs can be easily removed and changed, while weaves are more permanent and may cause damage to your natural hair.
A wig, also called a hairpiece or toupee, is a covering made for people who want to conceal their baldness or thinning of hair. This covering is made of synthetic or real human hair and is worn over the head in the same way people wear jackets. Nowadays, wigs are not just used to hide hair problems, but also to enhance or change one’s overall look and appearance. There was a time when using wigs was considered bad and only associated with older people, but today they are increasingly being used by people of younger ages too. You can see teenagers like Miley Cyrus aka Hannah wearing wigs to enhance their personalities. A wig is like a cap worn over your head, and you cannot adjust it in public for fear of others knowing that you have a toupee over your head.
Weave is the process of sewing or gluing hair extensions to your natural hair to add volume, length, and bounce. These hair extensions may be natural or synthetic. They are available in many different shades and are usually attached to your hair by a professional in a beauty salon. The added hairs remain in place for a long time and give a stable appearance.
What is the difference between a Wig and a Weave?
- A wig is a covering made of synthetic or real human hair, worn over the head, to conceal baldness or thinning of hair.
- Weave is used by women in the form of hair extensions, to enhance their hair and overall looks.
- You can take off your wig anytime you desire, giving you the liberty to change your looks depending on the occasion. On the other hand, a weave is sewn or glued to your own hair, which means you cannot just take it away anytime you want.
- Weaves can harm your hair as they make use of chemicals to attach to your natural hair.
- Wigs have stigma attached to them, whereas weaves are fashionable and have become very popular among young people too.
Difference Between Brazilian and Hollywood Wax
Difference Between Bangs and Fringe
Difference Between Antiperspirant and Deodorant
Difference Between Gel and Wax
Difference Between Microdermabrasion and Chemical Peel